and I’m gonna have a good time,on this the 43rd celebration of my parents greatest accomplishment. (I kid, 4th greatest… )
Great way to wake up to some of the most stunningly beautiful people (of which my smokin’ hot wife is numero uno!) on facebook stopping by to write on my wall. As well as a loyal twitter following of the best tweeps on earth!
I’ve had a great 42nd year, and so I should write some of the things I’ve accomplished, as well as some of the things I’ve avoided. Here is it in bullet form!
- Did not weigh 400 pounds
- Did weigh under 300 pounds and should continue to weigh less as my 43rd year elapses
- Watched all of LOST, again.
- Did not watch all of Desperate Housewives.
- walked a mile numerous times.
- walked a 5k
- ran a 5k and made it in 42 minutes.
- Celebrated 17 years of marriage to the love of my life in a swanky hotel in Frisco.
- Got a massage treatment with my wife.
- Watched a Los Angeles Dodger game at Dodger Stadium
- Didn’t watch the Dodgers win a game in Dodger Stadium *shakes fist at the Phillies*
- Celebrated my children’s 11th, 14th, 8th and 16th birthdays
- Disagreed with millions of other parents over who’s children are the bestest! (mine are, duh!)
- Continued as editor-in-chief of LOSTblog.com
- Obsessed over my quest to lose weight on various web-sites and excel spreadsheets.
- Obsessed over my iPhone and have a bit of an app addiction (step one, admitted I have a problem)
- Celebrated one year in recovery for my hurts, habits and hangups at Chase Oaks Celebrate Recovery.
- Continued to be blessed by leading and teaching Sunday School each Sunday at Prairie Creek Baptist Church
- Blessed to have many awesome online and offline friends, and doubly blessed to have some in both camps.
- Didn’t get downsized.
- Didn’t get supersized.
- Celebrated 10 years of continuous employment with my current employer, eclipsing the previous record held by the U.S. Navy.
- Didn’t vote in the mid-term election (because I was out of town, and forgot to early vote… off to the gulag for me!)
- Pleased with the result of said election.
Thanks for hanging with me, during the pressure packed year of being The Answer. I promise to be wrong more often in my 43rd year, and plan on remaining a loser of the rest of the year.